Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 NAT TRANSVERSAL AUDIO PROBLEMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

uniquename4me

Technical User
Oct 31, 2013
CA
I'm just trying to get a solid understanding of how the IP sets work off prem through Nat Transversal. I've been having audio problems with with packet loss violations showing up in BCM monitor with anywhere from 1 to 3% (sometimes 5%). I've just switched out the system to see if it resolves the issues as they would have to reboot every few days. I'm waiting to see if this resolves their issues as I know a little packet loss is going to be typical on long haul locations.

My questions relate to what I'm seeing in BCM Monitor? The IP:port shows the gateway 192.168.1.1 followed by 61,xxx 62,xxx, 64,xxx, 53,xxx, 27,xxx and 23,xxx. I don't know why the variations? In the RTP Sessions show 51,xxx to the public ip:30,xxx for all of the sets except for the one 192.168.1.1:27240 that shows 27242<> public ip:30,xxx. Don't know why or understand if there's some kind of problem at the remote end as all these sets are at the same location.

I also would like to know if anyone can give me a straight forward fix for why these sets can all call and hear each other and can obviously talk to calls coming from head office lines and digital sets, yet calls from other IP set locations can be signalled, but no audio? Only ports 7000-7002 and 30,000-30,999 are currently forwarded to the BCM?

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Is the no audio inbound or outbound? Or both.
Usually no inbound would indicate a firewall issue ( blocking ).

Light Travels Faster Than Sound, Which Is Why Some People Appear Bright Until You Hear Them Speak.

I have found that some BCM IP remote worker location routers are where the problem is as they prevent dial tone or audio from being given out.

I have your exact problem as I have two different routers with two different ISP's with one of them having a BCM installed and the other ISP used to connect to the BCM as a remote worker.

What is odd is that some IP phone models work fine and some don't. I even have two I2002 phase 2 sets where one works fine as a remote worker and one doesn't. The phones date is only a couple of Months different and both phones work fine when directly connected.

Also setting the Stun Server option at release 6.0 gives out mixed messages in that one of my 1140e phones works OK when this Stun Server option is enabled, but I then have noticed that I start getting the "SERVER NO PORTS" message on the phone displays. I've decided to disable the feature.

It's going to be a case of trial and error.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back