Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 Music Upload 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdawg62

Vendor
Sep 16, 2013
CA
Hey BCM gurus,

I have a questions regarding the internal music on a BCM450. My customer was never able to utilize the MOH plug as it was defective from installation. Nortel only offered to repair it if we sent back the unit, but we had nothing large enough to support them during the repair period, hence they uploaded music and played it from the onboard source. Fast forward to now and they lost access to the web based programming after a system event, so only telset programming available now. Can you (via telset) upload a current audio file to the system or is your only choice to disable the MOH via telset programming and use tones on hold? They are limping this along until they replace it with an NEC system, so I am not wasting too much time on this as I'm losing them anyway :( .
Thanks in advance for your time!

NOP MOH needs to be uploaded via the web interface. If they go to NEC then do not waste your time unless you can take them to IPO or another BCM450.
How many users?

Nikos

telset is a telephone, you cannot surf or explorer etc like a PC.

"now and they lost access to the web based programming after a system event"
What does that mean in English? their PC blew up?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

It sounds as if they don't have the IP address details to the BCM system. If they did, then they could run simple tests to see if it can be pinged OK. Also the serial port can help a great deal in finding out if any services are not enabling during power up.

As for the WEB Element Manager access, there are ways to download the tool onto a computer. Even Windows 10 64 bit will work. more often these days is an update of Java that stops the tool from working.

Follow the attached guide to remove all traces of "MD5".

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Hey guys. Sorry I never got notified of your responses.I believe they lost the hard drive on the system and with it - their ability to log on through the network. They tried through another Avaya vendor to replace the hard drive but it wasn't successful. I'm not going to waste your time on this (or mine) since they are going to another supplier & manufacturer. I just needed to confirm that they can't upload any music files via telset programming - which you have done. Thanks for your time!

FYI If the hard drive is dead then there would be no voicemail either.

Otherwise maybe the network changed and the BCM now needs a new IP address.
That you can do via telest using F9*8

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back