Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 Lost Music-on-hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

pdawg62

Vendor
Sep 16, 2013
CA
Hey experts,
I have an odd one for you! I have a customer with a BCM450 6.0 Vs. 12.2 that started to have an issue with their on hold announcement when they went to load an updated message. The new message is available via background music, so the file uploaded ok, but there is silence on the on-hold now instead of the new file. Even if you select tones on hold nothing comes through. They are forced to use the music manager as the hardwired on hold port was defective from day one & Avaya wouldn't help. Tried a reboot to no avail. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Does the old file still work if you re-load it?

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Have you been into Music Manager and checked the order of the music tracks being played as I seem to recall that the silence message is played first. I'm sure that you need to check this area out.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Thanks for your reply Curly & Firebird. No - the old file does not play. The new file is playing through background music so it loaded ok, but it doesn't explain why I have lost the ability to just have tones on hold. Like I said - very odd. We are going to replace the whole system next year but I'd like to keep them happy in the mean time. Thanks again guys!

You could try and do a "restore" and select only IP Music to be restored.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks for the suggestion guys. I'll see if my customer has a recent backup & get her to try that partial restore. I'll let you know if that was successful.

You do not use an actual backup to apply this possible fix however you could try to restore an existing backup if they have as your first attempt to fix.

Otherwise following is the possible fix but you will then need reload sound files or restore from a backup:

Perform a backup if there is none
Once completed go to Restore
Choose "Factory Default" from the drop down menu beside the Restore From:
Click Restore
You will get a pop up warning stating it will replace files if you proceed.....click OK
You will get another popup window that will let you choose what items (components) to restore.....uncheck all boxes except the IP Music box which needs to be checked.....select OK

Now upload one sound file and see if it worked.
If so then upload the rest of the files or try the restore from backup and restore IP Music instead of Factory default.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Hey guys. We tried the restore as you suggested but still no joy! Music file will still play through background music as before, but nothing on hold. Any other suggestions or can we assume the system is crapping out?

Thanks again!

Had this issue with a BCM50R6 customer, my fix was to use a new hard disk and restore a full backup.
Regards
Nikos

Thanks to all for your advice & assistance! The customer called me after the restore & all is fine now. Have a Merry Christmas!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back