Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 expansion MBM dip switch settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kman1967

Technical User
May 10, 2006
CA
I have installed an expansion cabinet to my BCM450. I have an additional DTI, DSM32 and 2 Analaog Station Interfaces to connect. I need someone to tell me where to put each card and the dip switch settings. Any other advice would really help - I am still kind of green to this! Thanx!

The dip switch settings depend on which MBM slot you assign to the MDM Card.
The actual slot you plug the MBM into the EXPANSION CABINET
doesnt mater.
I prefer to keep the Extn Modules to the right so as the cables form out to the right so as not to cover over any other slot.
I keep the DTI cards to the left.

EXAMPLE ONLY
you set up your cards in telephone resources first
Eg: expansion is 5-1 for DTI card,
expansion 5-2 is for your 32 port MBM card
expansion 5-3 for analogue card

these Dont relate to any particular slot

when you have this configured then the system will tell you what dip switches to turn on,off similar to this format. 111111,1111011

Then plug in the card in the exp cab.to whatever slot you prefer.

The slots only matter when you are using the MAIN CHASSIS as the relate to you configuration set up,1,2,3,4 bottom up
Here you must plug in the card relating to the configured port.

With the 450 all you need to do is go into the resources section and pick one of the expansion buses (they will show up once you put in the exp license). From the drop down menu select the MBM you want to add. Once you do that, the system tells you how to set your DIP switches. Set them that way and put it any slot in the the expasion cabinet you want and program it accordingly.

Thanks guys,
I followed you instructions,and I was able to get it going.Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back