Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 BFT swap 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlycord

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Just want to confirm that we can take out a working BFT from a spare 450 and install it into another 450 with no issues given the keycodes on both are almost the same in features?
And restore programming? given patch are the same?
I do not service 450's due to roofernitus in the back from 35 years ago but my thinking is the BFT has everything where the rest is a fan, PS and case?

Edit: client actually has R1, the new one is a whole 450 at R6
They are thinking to up theirs to R6 so that they can then backup programing, replace the Rl BFT with the R6 and restore programing.
I guess the only advantage here is to leave the 450 in the rack and just swap the BFT....as if they had the same disease I do.

Thanks

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Yes Curly. You can do what you have suggested. Also you can add in code 241 or 240 to enable RAID. this is useful as you just need another 80 gig hard disk and get it to sync once the BCM 450 is up and running.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

I'll verify Firebird's comments. I've had to swap the BFT in a couple of BCM450's due to bricking them with corrupt patches. The system ID changes, of course, but restoring the backup from the same release only takes a few minutes. I'd also recommend adding in the RAID feature.

Roofernitus?

Brian Cox
Georgia Telephone

Bad back and knee's from roofing.

Thanks
In talking with Firebird he also reminded me that the serial resides on both the BFT and the HD so in this scenario we are good to go and swap both the BFT and the HD.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back