Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 and Option11c - CallPilot Isuues

Status
Not open for further replies.

EngMajdi82

Vendor
May 9, 2015
JO
I have BCM450 Integrates to Option11c via PRI Card, Each have DN length 4 digit, there is access code 8 when dialing from BCM450 to Option11c but from Option11c to BCM450 Call direct without access code.
The customer have Welcome Message configured on BCM450 CallPilot, the problem is that when the caller hear the message " if you know the extension number plz dial it now" and dial the extension on the option11c side, the callpilot system replies with the following "you have entered an invalid extension"

Is there any problem to solve this ?

Thanks and Regards

I think that this is more of a question for the BCM forum. However, as the BCM uses 4 digit's as its extension range, the Call Pilot system on the BCM is being told to look for 5 digits as this would be 8xxxx etc and I think the last digit won't be allowed.

Are you able to add in the Option 11c extension range in the BCM dial plan routing table so that only 4 digits are used?

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer

Very advance high level knowledge on the Linux BCM phone system.

Website

Hello Sir ...

Thank you for your Understanding, If you mean try a dialing plan between BCM450 and Option11c direct with out access code and using routing table wildcard, we use it ant try but with no result .

Thanks

Hello Mike ...

I've actually change the numbering plan and don't use access code this time and dial extension directly between two PBX, but the result is the same.
I try another thing, create new path in CCR and but the CS extension on it (extension from new dial plan without access code), the message now is " you have entered an invalid extension".
which means that the callpilot not see any extension out of the BCM.

Any Idea ...

Thanks

Hello Mike .

its the first time I hear about this keycode, its installed on the Element Manager, is this license available now from avaya ?

Thanks

Hello Mike,

We found on our store the following licenses for networking :

(NCM) Network Configuration Manager
DPNSS Voice Networking
VPIM/AMIS Msg Networking
MCDN & QSIG Voice Networking

there is no NMS, is this license is applied to callpilot instead of Element Manager .

Thanks

NMS enables message waiting lamps over tie trunks, its a CallPilot keycode option. The CS1K CallPilot should be able to take messages without it though, so you still have a local issue.

Dear Mike,

I think there is miss-understand from beginning to the problem, the call pilot is on BCM450 not on the CS1K,

Regard

Hello Mike ...

Iam Sorry for that, now can you help me to solve this issue ,,,

Thanks

Dear Mike ...

Again, Here is the description of the problem:

The CCR is configured on BCM450 Callpilot, the BCM450 and CS1K is linked via PRI and the call between two PBX is ok with no problems, Extension on BCM450 use access code 8 when dialing Extension on CS1K, the same on the CS1K but the difference is we program 8 as a DSC, so when user on CS1K want to call Extension on BCM450, call direct. The DN lengh is 4.
when the caller hear the CCR and want to dial extension on CS1K, the system replay that " you have enter an invalid extension " (with 8 and without 8 )
we configue a new dialplan between BCM450 and CS1K without access code, the problem is the ame and nothing change,
when open the BCM450 Monitor, the number is dialed as 4 length .

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back