Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM450 and a long ring on one port

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomen00

Technical User
Jan 31, 2006
US
I've seen this issue several times ever since the inception of the BCM450. What happens is usually on one particular port the phone attached will ring in a non standard way. It will be a long ring, not the standard on then off ring, and you cannot pick it up to make it stop ringing. Back in 2011 when I first saw this issue a lot on a new customer install rollout I found information on this website related to it that said the fix was to reseat the serial cables on the MBM backplane and the motherboard. This seemed to fix maybe 50% of the issues but not all of them. A lot of times we would just move the phone in question to another port to get rid of the issue. I'm wondering if anybody has had this issue and maybe has a more permanent fix? Thanks in advance for any possible solutions.

That one is new to me.

After six years of reports from a large number of BCM 450's we still get phantom 'Hotel Msg Wtg' ring occuring sporadically on an analog extension.
Most when replaced with an older analog phone, instead of the Aastra 8004 don't have it.
Sometimes, just checking the alarm log clears it and there have been no alarms logged that would cause ringing at the Alarm Set or Control Set.

KE407122

"We thought drilling holes in the hull would let the water drain out faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back