Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimhusted

Instructor
Jul 16, 2004
US
I have had a few BCM400 - 3.6 systems that fail to recognize any DSM (16, 16+,32, 32+ or 4X16). Other MBM's work fine. Has anyone else had this issue?

Jim

honestly Jimhusted, I haven't had any of your problems.

Have you tried testing the other MBMs in other units? Do they work? Has the BCM400 been upgraded or was it a new unit?

Nam555

I've never seen that problem. Are they seating into the chassis properly?

MarvO said it

I'm sure you've already tried this but I've had several that won't see DSM's until you actually plug a digital set in. Then it sees it every time. Just a thought...

Thanks all...

I have tried all of these things and more. The machines are at 3.6, and all other MBM's work just fine. I am about to conclude that it is an MSC issue.

Thanks,
Jim

James P. Husted - Global Knowledge? Happy New Year.

Former student@Chicago,BCM3.0/Accelerated Cert class 10-10-03
Duane/Super Slick Septic Systems (CCR)

DueE

I had the exact same problem and indeed is was simply that there were no actual phones attached to the card. Once I attached the first phone to the card, the card registered forever more.

Blotnik

Thanks, but the systems don't recognize that a MBM is even installed on the bus, with or without a phone installed.

Thanks,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back