Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 w/4.0 Phone irregularity 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

talan1268

Technical User
Nov 30, 2005
US
One of our sites just went through a 3.0 to 3.6 and then ultimately the 4.0 upgrade path on a BCM400. We have an IP phone (assuming that it's an i2002) that now shows up as a T7316 CAP phone. We are trying to change the phone type in the Element Manager, but it only gives us the choice of two different M7310s. How can I change this to show up as the i2002 (or i2004 if that's the correct model), when I can't out this phone?

This only shows up as an Active Application DN, not an Active Set.

That's odd ...

If the DN in question shows up as an active application DN, I'd try a change dn. Find an unused DN associated with IP sets and change DN from that to the application DN. The you should be able to configure the set in question.

Co-worker had same issue w/ a digital set. I'd try system reboot and if no chg do a DN change.

I've tried the changes, but I'm at the mercy of the onsite tech to plug the phone back in. I'll keep you posted on what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back