Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 transfer from VM box to an extension after message left

Status
Not open for further replies.

bbatter

Technical User
Aug 10, 2006
US
Is it possible to route a call from a CallPilot vm box back to another extension?

Say I call in and leave a message at x200. When finished, I would like to transfer to x300 instead of having to call back in.

Right now the system disconnects when you are done leaving the message.

Thanks in advance - this is a totally new system to me.

Is return to AA enabled? I believe if that's on, you can press * + mailbox number to get to another mailbox. That's the way it used to work on the Norstar - haven't had anyone ask about that in a while. I forgot it could be done until I saw your post and my memory got woken up.

That was the solution - thanks!!

On the BCM, log into the CallPilot
Go to Auto Attendant
General Properties
Select "Return to Auto Attendant"

Incidentally, "*" will bring you back to the main menu but the extension directly after does not work.

Thanks for the quick response!

Does that mean, after a brief pause, it WILL work as biv343 described?

Sometimes there are these slight nuances with CP that aren't clearly documented, but make a world of difference to the customer.

After you leave a message and press "*", if you pause briefly (long enough to transfer back to the AA), then you can enter the new extension and get transferred to that extension... so yes, if I am understanding your question correctly.

I just tested it in the lab. The way it just worked for me was I left a message, then pound (#) twice to send message, then it sent me back to AA without the *. Then I could enter another DN to transfer or *DN to go straight to the mailbox.

If I just hit * with out # twice it erased my message I had just left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back