Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bcm400 swapping i2002 with a i2004 phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

CRIMobile

Vendor
Jan 26, 2009
US
I have a BCM400 rls 4.0 with several IP phones. The customer wants to swap out 5 of the i2002 for 5 new i2004 phones. Is there some kind de-aquire that I need to do to clear the old i2002 extension number? Any help is appreciated.

Hi CRI,

Can you reuse the Directory Numbers of the current i2002 extensions? All you have to do is unplug the old phones and plug in the new ones....at least from my experience. I've upgraded i2004s to 1140e's and maybe had to change a few configurations in element manager....but no big deal.....

the system will do the rest once you plug in the new phones....

you can deregister the phones under telephony resources and IP sets.....but if you want to reuse the extensions, once you plug in the phones, the BCM will assign new IP addresses to the new phones and recognize them as i2004 phones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back