Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 Signalling Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

koulioumbis

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2009
GR
Hello Team!
On a BCM400 release 4.0 i run out of signalling channels.
I see 54 out of 59 being used. In order to avoid the 5/3 split ( i have PRI30 on bus 7) if i add another 2 PEC cards will this increase the available signalling channels?

thanks

Nikos

No, signaling channels are channels on a bus and as such they have nothing to do with PEC cards.

So ucxguy the 5/3 split is the only option if i need to add more IP users correct?
I deregistered an old IP user and dropped the amount a little.
regards

Nikos

Well, it depends on how many additional IP sets you need and if you have any signaling channels that you could free for the use by IP phones. Signaling channels are used for voicemail, auto-attendant and ACD (I think it was 6 by default and 16 max), one for IP trunks and the remaining are available for IP phones. In the 6/2 split you have 58 signaling channels, in the 5/3 split you have 90 channels for these purposes.

If you need one or two channels for IP phones and you have 16 channels assigned to voice services (VM, AA, ACD), you could reduce the voice services to 14 and get two more IP phones...

Please note that if you take some signaling channels from the voice services, you would reduce concurrent voice service sessions by doing that. You should make sure that the currently allocated voice ports are not all needed during some busy periods (for example when everybody is checking voicemail in the morning) before lowering the voice port count.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back