Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 Rls 4.0 ????Windows Based????? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyValentine

Vendor
Sep 15, 2005
US
Okay OKay... I need some clarification... I've been hearing for the longest time that the new software release is going to be a linux based OS... Now I've heard they're going to stay with the Windows based OS... Does anybody know the truth?

Everything I have heard and read is that the BCM 200/400 4.0 is Lenix based.

i'm one of the bcm 4.0 beta testers. bcm 4.0 will be linux based. thats for sure!

Thanks for the information..

Beta Tester, huh? Have you had any major problems with the 4.0 software?

we have not received the software for now. beta trial will start around middle of april.

Nortel Bulletin

The BCM portfolio currently utilizes the Microsoft Windows NT Embedded operating system on the BCM1000, BCM200 and BCM400 models of hardware. Windows NT Embedded is a proven and reliable operating system which is specifically tuned for optimal performance on the BCM. Nortel maintains a very strong strategic relationship with Microsoft and will continue to work closely with Microsoft to ensure that the Microsoft component is supported.

Microsoft's official position to the general marketplace, is that they will continue to offer support for Windows NT Embedded until June 30, 2006. Nortel would like to inform our distribution partners that Microsoft has recently made available to Nortel, extended support for Windows NT Embedded covering the period from July 1 to December 31, 2006.

With the successful introduction of the BCM50, earlier this year, Nortel began the BCM portfolio transition from Windows NT Embedded to Linux. The introduction of the BCM 4.0 software release will allow customers adequate time to migrate the balance of the BCM portfolio to Linux through a software upgrade , thereby benefiting from the new Linux operating system, superior management capabilities, enhanced VoIP features and extensive security benefits.

You all have provided me with valuable information.. Thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back