Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 r3.6 universal profile

Status
Not open for further replies.

simcom

Programmer
Sep 3, 2009
US
I purchased a BCM400 r3.6 on ebay. Naturally the passwords have been changed and the person i purchased the system from does not know the user name and password. My question is if i initialize the universal profile will this reset the passwords to default (ee_admin and PlsChgMe!). I have access to KRS so i can retreive the key codes but in an older post (thread1361-1261328) they mentioned having to reimage the hard drive and if this the case i will just buy a new 3.6 hard drive. If anyone has the answere or knows of a better way to reset the passwords i would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Skinsimmons

Since its for a new install get the 3.6 HD or download the image and install to a new HD.

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Thanks for the sugestion but that doesn't answer my question. i know that i can buy a new hard drive amd also i can down load the image, but what about the profile. Can i initialze the profile with having to reimage the hard drive and if so does it set the user name and passwork to default?

Thanks

As you have the keycodes for 3.6 and you need to start from scratch, why not obtain a 3.7 hard disk as the keycodes will work OK.

What puzzles me is that you are able to log in via the serial port. In oder to reset the universal profile, you have to log in via ee_admin etc. To answer your question, I recently played with a 3.6 BCM 200 system and the accounts were defaulted during the initialization process.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Wow I didn't realize that you don't have to uprade from (3.6 to 3.7).That's good to know. I have a default 4.o hard drive that I installed and logged into the system using the element manager. Could i just buy an upgrade for the keycodes from 3.6 to 4.0 or would i still need to upgrade the system itself? I am assuming that if I have to upgrade the system itself I would have to know the user name and password. Catch22

Thanks Guys

Any of the 3.x versions were all running Windows NT and you can use the same keycodes that had been generated on an earlier e.g. 3.5 version to the last one released at 3.7.

At 4.0, the operating system became Linux and a new keycode called a lic file was used. Any previous keycodes that you had were all put onto one lic file with an upgrade licence.

I think you might still be able to get hold of an upgrade keycode to 4.0 and as you already have a 4.0 hard disk, it would be just a case of booting the BCM up with the 4.0 installed, log in and import the lic file generated against the MSC card.

It's that easy!.

As you probably guess, I'm in the UK and I've just done a search and found this site that is still selling upgrades at

There are probably many other resellers offering the same services, so do a search.

Best of luck.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Thanks for the help David. I searched for the upgrade and the site you posted was the least expensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back