Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 outbound call routing rules 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pleskuk

IS-IT--Management
Mar 3, 2008
GB
Hi guys,

I have a BCM400 system in-house and I'm facing some challenges to configure outbound call routing rules but because of my limited knowledge about BCM it would be great if you could point me how to fulfill this task.

At the moment I have one active ISDN PRI trunk with local telco through which all my inbound/outbound traffic goes. Management asked to deploy additional ISDN BRI board (which I have already installed and connect GSM adapters/gateways to it) and to route specific destinations through this trunk. The idea is all traffic should go through the ISDN PRI trunk except the numbers which start with 05 (which is mobile network) which should go through the ISDN BRI board which has GSM adapters connected to it.

Any ideas how to complete this topic?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Ivo

Oh and Merry Christmas, best wishes and many returns to all of us :)

Cheers,
Ivo

All you need do is create a route for the new BRI and a destination code that points to it.

I also suggest you create a restriction for 05 and apply that to the PRI to stop users from dialing 05 on the PRI

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back