Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 NetLink Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

morgansdad

Technical User
Oct 17, 2005
US
For some reason on my BCM400 3.7, the NetLink Manager just went down and will not come back up. Rebooted twice and still nothing. Try to enable it and stays disabled? Any ideas?

"Its just dial-tone. At the end of the day everyone usually gets to go home.

Try rebooting without the network cable plugged in. I ran into that issue a couple of times. Never did figure out what was happening, but if the network cable was connected after a reboot it worked fine.

Going to try it now, will let you know...

That did it, hmmm, something must have happened overnite. However there is still a problem with dialing over the IP trunks between sites. When site A calls site B the call will establish, if you hang up and call site B right away, the BCM tries to grab the same trunk and the call wont' establish, it just hangs. Is there a "disconnect" timer or something that may need to be modified? They are using the H323 trunks not SIP.

Narrowed the problem down a little farther. If you call a T7316 from A to T7316 at B you are unable to make another call for about 20 seconds. But if you call a T7316 from A to a IP softphone at B it works as it should.

HELP.....................

Crickets..............

if you hang up and call site B right away, the BCM tries to grab the same trunk and the call wont' establish, it just hangs"

The BCM will always try to grab the same trunk because it is the highest free trunk in the pool of trunks. Outgoing calls start at the highest numbered trunk and descend to the lowest number.

I would like more info about the intervening network. It seems to me like the routers or what-have-you in between the two sites are the cause of the problem, not the BCM. I would suspect that the 20 second delay has to do with the ageing out of the router NAPT tables and an attempted call within that time causes a conflict.

Can you fill in the blanks in the "cloud" between sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back