Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 login issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deryk Hagey

IS-IT--Management
Feb 7, 2017
US
We have a BCM 400. I cannot log into it any more. I am the only one who administers it. The password I have written down so I know it should be right. When I try to access from the web it just keeps prompting continuously, from Element Manger it eventually says "cannot determine device type".

Any ideas? I have not changed anything on it recently, I was just going to log in to update some names on the extensions. I did restart the system through a phone, so I can access it that way using the default credentials (user 738662, etc).

One thing I will say occurred some time ago was we had some international calls come up on our phone bill, which were fraudulent. We assumed that somehow someone from the outside was able to route the calls through the BCM. We do not have voicemail or auto attendant. I just pulled the plug on the access from the outside world and didn't even try to log in myself. I don't know a lot about the system, just the basics to get by. It was something dumped on me and of course is no longer supported by the installer (local telco).

Thanks!

Update: So I did some searching and I ran across some articles about corrupt files. I then tried BCM Monitor and it says "denied using specific username and password." I went back to Network Elements and it is also saying bad password. I 100% know what the password should be. I have also tried PlsChgMe! as just if by chance it somehow went back to that. I am using nnadmin for the username which is what I have always used.

Is it possible if it was compromised from the outside the credentials were changed?

We have FAQ's you should go through first, here is yours

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Ok, thanks for the ideas, but I am still stuck.

Java is 6 Update 43 I am running this on an old Windows XP Machine I use exclusively for this. Java hasn't been update since it was installed.

BEM was
Version 2.76.0 .0 Build bcm40ab17 Fri Nov 23 00:00:00 CST 2007
View README View License Agreement
Copyright (c) 2005-2017 Nortel All rights reserved.
Installed Cartridges: Business Ethernet Switch 0.1.0 (JDM version:603b02_01 supports BES1xx/2xx and BES1xxx/2xxx devices) BCM 4.0 Element Manager Cartridge 0.0.29 (BCM200.2.76-0) Technical Support: Java Version: 1.6.0_02 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. Java Home: C:\Program Files\Nortel\Business Element Manager\jre Java Class Version: 50.0 Java Class Path: C:\Program Files\Nortel\Business Element Manager\BusinessElementManager\lib\patch.zp;C:\Program Files\Nortel\Business Element Manager\BusinessElementManager\bin\run.jar;C:\Program Files\Nortel\Business Element Manager\BusinessElementManager\bin;C:\Program Files\Nortel\Business Element Manager\BusinessElementManager\server\default\conf;C:\Program Files\Nortel\Business Element Manager\BusinessElementManager\bin\lax.jar; Operating System: Windows XP System Architecture: x86 Operating System Version: 5.1

When I try to update from the FAQ link above it says "Unable to Package"

But again, from all aspects when i try to log in through BEM, BCM Monitor, web interface it just rejects the password like its wrong. I am 99.99% sure I know it, I have it written down.

You're not going to access the Nortel site. It's been off line for years now.

I'm not convinced the HD is up. Can you dial F985 or do you get "inactive Feature"?

Marv ccna

Which is it?
EM cannot determine Device or Password issue?
Perhaps you should post screen shots of the pop up EM errors.

I would like to try something but cannot discuss it on forums.

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Software version for element manager 2.76.0 .0 Build bcm40ab17 Fri Nov 23 00:00:00 CST 2007

Will try dial in tomorrow. Think all lights are green in hardware itself if that means anything.

Cannot determine device was coming up until I rebooted the bcm. Now it just rejects the password.

What you need to do in order to have the latest version of BCM Element Manager is to download it from

Go into Java first and make sure that the security settings are set from very high to just "high" and add the attached web address into the exception list.

Also add in the BCM IP address.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

feature 985 leads me to VM: 472

Using the link provided to the "BCM Application server" I try to get the BEM software 62.0.5 and it says "unable to package".

I go to the location shown in the log where saved and find EM-62.0.5.zip and find a 7707KB zip file and try to open it and it says invalid or corrupt.

The Java setting was already at High (not very high) and I don't see a place to enter any exclusion addresses.

F985 responds so the HD is operational.

Java has a security tab where you can enter the address of the BCM.

So do you or don't you have EM available on your PC?

Marv ccna

As for Exclusion open Java console then select the Security tab and edit site list by adding the full address of the BCM.
You would only need to do this if you get the message from Java stating security issue.

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

java_jx3nri.png

I don't have a place on the security tab to do that. To my knowledge I am not getting any messages to that fact.

Element Manager I do have installed. It just says invalid password when I go to connect.

I have tried. It was setup with a local ip on one port, and and public ip on the other. I get the same results on either port

I think it is time to look in a different direction. As you have a BCM 400 at 4.0, then try and see if other applications such as the browser or BCM Monitor works with the nnadmin and your password?.

If it does, then we can be certain that your problems are with your version of Element Manager.

Assuming that you can log onto the BCM via the browser OK, then download the older "Nortel" version of Element Manager as that will work fine for your BCM 400.

The Nortel version of EM is only a problem for the BCM 50/450 systems at release 5.0 and 6.0 as some of the screens don't be displayed correctly.

As curly has stated, feel free to contact one of us as there are other methods that can be used.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back