Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 DEAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

lliesbthighs

Vendor
Jun 29, 2008
Hi all, It is BCM400 rls4 with 13 IP phone and 8 trunks. Today i was installing a 16 port digital card,unfortunately i didnt set any DIP switch on DSM-16 card and plugs that card and then i power ON BCM, It got stuck and didnt boot, i then again shut it off and set DIP switches of DSM and again power ON BCM , at this point BCM gots boot and all digital ext. were wroking but NO IP phone and also i cant login to Telephony to make changes. I again disconnected Digital card and boot BCM, it again booted with no IP set working and i cant programmed BCM, it wont let me do that.
Could somebody help me out??? or some TIPS??
Note that i shutdown BCM while plugging or unplugging card.

Can you ping the BCM? Could be a routing problem.
But it sounds like like the hard drive has a problem booting.
This should not be caused by a dip switch mis-configuration.
Also you should plug into the RS232 interface on the front of the BCM to see if you are able to login using hyperterminal.

David Brillert:
NNCAS NNCSS NNCDS 3Com CNTS
Product Manager

I can ping BCM but cant able to make changes to Telephony, it wont let me do that, However it is booting OK but NO IP set working, i didnt tried CLI yet coz i dont know how to get into CLI.
Could you advise some command to resolve/troubleshoot through CLI?

Can somebody point some maintenance command/Data integrity check, fix commands through CLI ??? while booting it ask for some checks like "Press I etc.." it wont boots completely, i also check by connecting monitor/keyboard to BCM but it gets stuck at Loading Kernel

Regards

Did you ever resolve this issue? I have a BCM 4.0 doing the same thing after a CTI patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back