Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 and TAPI Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

SujanChristo

Programmer
Jul 29, 2002
IN
Hello all,
I am working with an application which has to get the caller id and popup to the user. The environment i am working with is BCM400 and i2050 Software Phone and the problem which i am facing is i can get calls on the i2050 Software Phone but none of the events happen in our application, although it is possible to open a line. all the other events can be monitored. I suspect that i need to configure some TAPI configuration on the BCM Manager. If so where i have to specify.Is it somewhat related to any Keycode entry things.
Please help me. Any help is appreciated
Thanx in advance
Sujan

You'll need the LAN CTE keycode on the BCM, and also a piece of middleware like Rapport for TAPI to do the screen pop. You can download a 30 day trial of Rapport from RSI's website. LAN CTE may be available as a try-n-buy keycode as well.

Dear biv343,
Thanx for your reply. I'll download the trial from the Rapport site and test it. I do think that we do have try-n-buy keycode. Not the complete it. Does this counts to the working of Rapport.
Sujan

As long as the TAPI/LAN CTE keycode is active and valid (they work for 60 days from the date of install), you'll be fine.

Try-N-Buy keycodes don't show up in the normal keycode licensing section, but you should have gotten an email when the keycode was registered, and they'll send out emails before the keycode expires (provided your distributor put the correct information in KRS when they generated the Try-N-Buy).

Dear biv343,
Thanx for the post. I'll check the status. I strongly suspect the BCM TSP's configuration things, coz in one of our office it is working(TAPI Events are shown up in our application itself). Do you have any links related to the configuration of BCM TSP.
Awaiting your reply
Sujan

Check the documentation on the BCM - you can access it on the main BCM web page - click on documentation, then check the programming operations guide. It's fairly straightforward - essentially you specify the machine name, domain\username, or IP address of the PC, and the extension you wish to associate with that PC.

Dear biv343,
Thanx for your reply, ya i checked the documentation, and now i got it working within our application. The problem is the TAPI line is not showingup within our application. I think that is an issue with BCM TSP and Windows XP. Somehow i managed to showup within our application. But the worst part is it is showing up sometime and sometime it is not. I couldn't find out the exact flow. Is there any issue with BCM TSP and Windows XP in adding it to the device list. If so is there any way to fix it up.
Sujan

There aren't any issues with TAPI and XP, provided the BCM is up to date with current patches (such as CP2).

Dear biv343,
Thanx for your reply. I'll check for the patch which you have said. Other wise i can get the caller id within our application.
Many thanx
Sujan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back