Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 8x16 Card Dip Switch Settings?? 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

NTEDave

Vendor
Dec 11, 2004
GB
Hello

We have a problem on a BCM400; it has been configured 40+80 (analogue
lines) using 5 new 8+16 combo cards. We had the config OK'd by Nortel through our dealer but now, it seems, our engineer on site cannot get the things to work. They work in a BCM50 but those settings won't do for the BCM400.

Does anyone have a document that details the dip switch settings for these cards, all our manuals hve the 4x16 card settings but unfortunately not the 8x16.

Any help please?

Cheers

Dave

Hi, connect to the system via https, then click on Administrator Documentation, then on Administrator Documentation (PDF Format, then on System Installation, then on BCM200/400 4.0 Installation and
Maintenance Guide.
Search the document with "dip" keyword, you will found: "To determine MBM DIP switch settings"
You will found all you need there.

Bye

I know that a document comes with the 8x16 MBM about dip switch settings.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

wow, at what point would 40 analog lines be okay, but a PRI wouldn't? I am more curious how you can afford to pay for that many copper lines. You must work for the government.
Screw the Dip switch settings, 40 analog lines? I want to see it.

How does this work? That's too many resources.

1 8 X 16 = 2 busses * 5 = 10 busses.

here is no way they will work, you need more BUS's than the BCM has. You may have slots in the BCM and an Expansion Cab but not enough BUS's.

you can only have a Max of 6 BUS's, to get what you want for 40 trunks and 80 stations you would need.

2 DTM = 48 trunks = 2 BUS's
3 DSM+ = 96 stations = 3 BUS's

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back