Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 4.0 and i2050 softphone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2009
US

I'm evaluating the i2050 softphone on my Windows XP laptop and our BCm400. I got the USB adapter that allows for a 3.5mm (1/8") headset jack, but apparently didn't order the actual headset/mic with it. I'd like bluetooth wireless and portable option. What options/part# do I need to order. Would those option(s), if I went bluetooth does that mean I don't need the Nortel USB adapter and just plug bluetooth device into a USB port. Whatever I get needs to be compatible with i2050 softphone.

BTW, does the i2050 work on Windows Vista or Windows 7?

VOJ

Also... has anyone tried the i2050 softphone in a VMWare Workstation virtual environment (running WinXP)?

Correction, my Nortel Mobile USB Headset Adapter user guide indicates the headset jack on the adapter is a 2.5mm jack compatibl ewith Motorola cellular telephones (32 Ohm rceiver).

BCM currently only supports v2 of the IP Softphone 2050. That version does not support Bluetooth headsets, is not documented as supported in Windows 7, and is not documented as supported when used in a VMWare environment. It does work with Windows Vista with an advisement available on on configuration when used on BCM.

What about a 2.5mm bluetooth adapter that would plug into the headset jack of the Mobile USB adapter? I would think that would work (e.g. Jabra BT200 Bluetooth Headset with 2.5mm Adapter

What about the BCM450 or BCM50 running R5.0 Is the 2050 support improved in that software release? I ask, because I see from the Nortel site, there is 3.0 release of the 2050 but only available on the CS1000 environment.

Just came across this thread looking for compatibility with Win7. Just in case anybody was still looking... I have v1 of i2050. The actual soft phone works in Win7, but the configuration tool does not.

Also, I have tried in a VMWare environment using WinXP and it works like a charm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back