Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM400 3.7 and Linux...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scphoneguy

Vendor
Jan 30, 2009
US
I have a customer that has a BCM400 with 3.7 software. They are wanting to add DID trunks instead of the current PRI. Their other vendor is telling them that they have to upgrade to Linux OS in order to accomplish that. Is that true? Can someone explain it to me?

Thanks

OK, see...I'm the retard, 4.0 is Linux. I havent seen or touched a BCM in a long time.

Either 3.7 or 4.0(lynix) can use DID trunks both would need a fibre expantion card connected to a norstar trunk module with did cards,the new 450 has a DID card.

U can add DID trunks on your 3.7 if u have a FEM card and a norstar trunk module w/ DID trunk card.

No as long as you have an GATM analog trunk module you can add DID's there are 8 ports per GATM. you do not have to upgrade to 4.0 Depending on how many bays they have open they may be require to add an expansion box as well. Though the reason one will go with a PRI gives them more channels for one interface.

There now is a DID4 MBM available. No longer need the expansion cabinet to run DID trunks.

MarvO said it

In looking it to the DID issue the DID card 4 or 8 is avaliable on the software rel.BCM 200/400 4.0 and 450 rel 1 and BCM 50 rel.3

In case you upgrade to 4.0 here's the two part numbers for the analog DID modules:
ADID4- NT9T23AAAB
ADID8- NT9T23AAAA
Still wondering why customer would want to revert to old technology..I would keep the PRI.

Forgot to mention but make sure the customer is aware that there's no caller ID on these analog DID's..

We have over 60 stores with A GATM 8 for all our incoming lines we then connect through either a ASM, DSM depending where it needs to go.

Let me Clarify we don't connect through we pass call through to either ASM, or DSM The GATM* is the device we bring the DID's into the BCM. I believe we do see Caller ID at the stores when inbound call comes in.

@dj4020:

Are you SURE they are DID trunks? You can't call outbound on a DID trunk.

U can't put DID trunks on a GATM. If ur at 3.7 u need a FEM and a Norstar Trunk Mod w/ DID card. If ur at 4.0 all you need is the ADID MBM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back