Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM200 upgrade to 4.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

brison

Vendor
Apr 2, 2007
US
I am attempting to install a 3.7 to 4.0 upgrade on a 200. I get the message about the MSC card and to check that telephones are working.

All digital sets working just fine - no IP on this system

I do get the same error when trying to apply a patch.

No patches on system currently.

BFC looks good (caps).

Saw the post with the "system inventory refresh" but do not know how to actually "refresh". the time on the inventory looks good.

Was the hard drive replaced recently? Connect to the system via the RS232 port and check if the Initialization process was completed. I think it should say 6.2 and you should be able to read the MSC card REV number. If the initialization process was completed then you can try reboot, if the process was not completed reboot might cause the system to start the process again.

I performed the upload on this system and I am now getting a message saying FTP server not running. That is compunded by the fact that I now cannot access browser.

We installed a pre-loaded 4.0 drive and re-entered the database. All is good now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back