Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM with Dead Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger85

Technical User
May 12, 2007
Hey Guys,

As you can see from the subject i'm in trouble and need some real help.

I have BCM 50 which is making the typical cluncking Hard Drive sounds, i've taken drive and checked it and it is dead.

Can anyone please tell me the quickest way i can get the software for a new hard drive if possible.

Thanks in advance

You need to purchase a new BCM50 HDD from a vendor. That will come with the software on it.

Is there no way to downlaod it and put it onot one of my own drives

you can download the software from the Nortel site if you do not have the disks that came with the bcm50.

you can use any 40 or 80 meg SATA HDD's i use seagate or maxtor.

if you have an image of your BCM50 i would use Acronis v9 to re image the drive using sector by sector setting.
then load the patches then the backup, fit the drive into the bcm50 power up then load the LIC file and away you go.

Thanks guys, can i be a pain and ask two final questions,

I notice you mention either a 40 or 80 gb disk, can any other sizes be used or is this it.

Is there anyway you can forward me the link for the software, I cant seem to find it anywhere

Thanks chaps

Where can you download the software from? can you post or send the link? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back