Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM VOIP Line Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlk53

Technical User
Mar 22, 2005
US
I have been asked to look at a interesting issue. BCM450 at head office with 5 VOIP trunks(Lines 1-5). BCM50 at branch office with 5 VOIP Trunks(Lines 1-5). The head office is getting hit constantly with calls on the 5 VOIP lines. Suspect hacker dialer. Calls are attempting to go back out of PBX but that is all blocked. I can see the calls on the BCM Monitor. When calls are coming into head office I also look at the BCM Monitor in the banch office and there are no calls on their VOIP lines. I can't locate where the calls are coming from. BCM450 has 2 T1's and 6 analog lines but monitor shows calls incoming on VOIP lines 1-5. Anyone with thoughts as to what I am missing. Thanks

What is the CLID?

Thread already started here:

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Not show any. Showing numbers like 7596 or 8001. Neither are part of the BCM number plan. They use VPN between their 2 sites. Is it possible that someone has gotten into their router and is getting on the SIP trunks from there to the main office? Just grasping.

Thank you very much. Big help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back