Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Voice Prompts

Status
Not open for further replies.

skb2005

IS-IT--Management
Mar 8, 2005
We are running on BCM 400/ 3.7. Previously I recorded the company greeting/CCR greeting by my self. Now we have recorded the prompts from professional company. I have uploaded the new prompts as mentioned in the documentation. The prompts have been uploaded successfully I can play the prompts using the Call Pilot interface. But BCM is playing the old prompts when someone dials the phone number. Am I missing something?
Do I need to stop/start some service?

***************************Documentation**********************
To import a previously recorded greeting or prompt

Click the Voice link.

If you know the location of the greeting or prompt, in the From box type the location of the file and click the Send button

or

if you do not know the location of the greeting or prompt, at the Import option click the Browse button and follow steps 3 to 6.

The Open dialog box appears.

From the Look in list, select the location of the file.

In the File name box, type the file name.

From the Files of type list, select the file type.

Click the Open button.

Click the Send button.

To play the greeting or prompt, in the Connect to box type an extension or telephone number and click the Dial button.

Your telephone rings.

Answer the telephone and press the Play button to listen to the greeting or prompt.

Click the Save button to save the greeting or prompt.

The greeting or prompt you save replaces the original prompt or greeting.
Click the Close button and replace the telephone handset.

If you use a Business Communications Manager system and want to enter a caption for the greeting, click your browser's Refresh button and click the Add Caption link for the greeting.

Are your prompts split between the main company greeting and a CCR tree? The CCR tree will have to be disabled, prompts uploaded and then the CCR tree reenabled in the greeting table. You cannot change a CCR tree in any way without taking it out of service, saving your changes and putting the CCR tree back in service.

Sorry for the silly questions:
How can I can I take it out of service?
How will I put it back in service?

Never mind... I figured this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back