Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM users unable to reach CS1000 users via NRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

grifc

Programmer
Jan 4, 2008
LC
My network consists of a BCM200 rls 4.0, BCM50 rls 2.0 and 6 CS1000 running 4.5 software all connected using IP peer networking via an NRS. All of the CS1000 are able to call the BCMs, however CDP and PSTN calls initiated from the BCM to any of CS1000 fails. I keep getting error message no route to destination. All gateway endpoints are configured with routing entries.

Can anyone assist, also i have not been able to find a NTP that gives a step by step procedure for configuring the numbering plan for a BCM in such a configuration, any recommnendations?

Thanks,
grifc

There is no step by step guide.

Create dest codes that correspond with the DN ranges of the other sites
Route those calls over your VoIP trunk route and set to Private call type

Gatekeeper resolved will be necessary in your Gateway settings.

Did you remember to enter the Alias name on each of your BCMs? Alias name = name:xxxx.

All of the configurations you have suggested have been set however i still receive the same error message "No route to Destination". When i monitor using BCM monitor i can see the VOIP trunk being seized and the correct digits being outpulsed, but this only last for a split second. I have confirmed the numbering plan in the NRS by using the test app. the digits are routed to the correct endpoint. Is there any log within the NRS that can indicate if the request is actually getting that far?

Thanks,
grifc

Does the BCM see the gatekeeper? Under the same tab where you set the system to gatekeeper resolved, you see gatekeeper reached or connected to gatekeeper at the bottom in a greyed out box. If it says trying to reach the gatekeeper then you have a config problem.

Also make sure the starting digit of your BCM DNs is listed in the Gatekeeper routing table.

So far, the symptoms say that the BCM is not registered to the NRS.

Just to confirm, the BCM does register with the NRS, CS1000 users are able to reach sets on the BCM. The problem only occurs on outgoing calls for users on the BCM.

grifc

Can you post your config on the BCM for the CDP calls?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back