Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM upgrade to 4.0 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

pmcilnay

Programmer
Sep 20, 2006
US
Currently have a BCM 400 3.0. Started the upgrade to 3.6, failed at 78%. My question is- If I'm willing to erase all telephony, start from scratch, is there an easy way to get to 4.0 or do I still have to go to 3.6, 3.7 then 4.0?

I think your best bet is to still do the upgrade. I think there is a BIOS update that you will lose if you go straight to 4.0.

Would the upgrades run smoother if I restored the system to default?

You maybe ok yet

Unified Manager is not accessible after upgrade. Upgrade may appear to stall at 77%

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Problem Description
When upgrading to either 3.6 or 3.7, it appears as if the upgrade stalls at 77%. The upgrade has not actually stalled. The BCM web server has become unavailable causing the upgrade wizard to no longer receive updates and, therefore, appearing as if the upgrade has stalled.

All services on the BCM will be operational other than the web server (Apache service). When trying to access Unified Manager, your web browser will return "page can not be displayed".

The upgrade would have completed successfully.
Problem Resolution
Nortel are aware of the problem and are working towards a resolution.

The upgrade would have finished successfully. However, a repair to Apache certification files is required in order to start Apache Service, thus Unified Manager will then be available.

Thanks Brian, I followed the steps in the prvention guide. Everything ran fine. Now when I try to log in to UM it says "the DCOM server is not ready, please try again later". Any ideas

Didn't wait long enough. Everything seems fine now. Time to try the next upgrade to 3.7....

You can upgrade from 3.6 right to 4.0 if you have the 3.6 to 4.0 upgrade auth code. You have to have the correct authcode to get to 4.0. If you have the 3.7 to 4.0 auth code than you will have to go to 3.7 first.

What is the part # for auth code for 3.6 to 4.0 & also 3.7 to 4.0??

If we have a unit that by KRS says its 3.6, and we went ahead and put in 4.0 drive; what code do we need?? I heard theres a 4.0 migration auth NTKC0950 that may be what I need; but I'm not sure?? Any info. Thx

If you bypass the upgrade path by just putting a 4.0 HD in then you just need the SN of the MSC Card to have the old Keycodes regenerated to 4.0, but they mat/will probaly charge you for the regeneration because you didn't pay for the upgrade path.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Guys,

I'm having the same problem at this moment and I downloaded the PDF Bulletin, went ftp link to download the "Good_Apache_Files.zip" but it seems not to be in the server. Is there any other way to have those files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back