Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM to Meridian interworking not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

robbot

Programmer
Jan 23, 2003
GB
Hi,
I know that BCM to M1 is possible using SL1.
I have implemented it on a RLS 22.46 opt61 and can only make calls from the M1 to the BCM but not the other way.
When I try to call I get the following message:

PRI214 DCH: 13 DATA: 00000003 PROGRESS: ORIG ADDR IS NOT ISDN
CALLED #:9123 NUM PLAN: NUM UNKNOWN

DCH 13 OMSG REL COMP REF 00008003 CH 0 TOD 12:17:50
CAUSE :BC NOT IMPLEMENTED
DIAG: 210

DCH 13 IMSG SETUP REF 00000003 TOD 12:17:50
PROGRESS: ORIG ADDR IS NOT ISDN
CALLED #:9123 NUM PLAN: NUM UNKNOWN

(The 9123 number is valid)

Why is the M1 rejecting the call?
Is there a RCAP I am supposed to be putting on the M1?

I am using a DCHI NT6D11 and DPRI NTCK43.

TIA

Rob

Do you have a 4 digit number programmed in the M1 LDN?

This applies if your route is setup as DID. add a 4digit number as an LDN or programm route as a tie.

Hi, the route/trunk is programmed as a tie.
I am sending 9123 from the BCM to route out from the M1 to the CO, 123 is the speaking clock in the UK.
All other numbers are the same (PSTN and local DN's). Can dial them locally (on M1) but can't send them from the BCM.

check NCOS and TGAR restrictions for the TIE line trunks, make sure they are high enough to allow call.

This is a problem for calls coming into the M1, not out. I can call out so the TGAR/NCOS are fine.
PRI214 is a layer 1 protocol error - fix is to call tech support :( I am wondering if there is a patch or it won't work with a DCHI card and needs an MSDL. I got this working with an opt11 on 25.40 no probs a while back. Can't get it to work on the 61c. Hardware and software are both different this time, but I read that M1 to BCM will work from Rls 19 on using SL1...

As far as I know internetworking with te BCM is still a pain in the ..

Just us it on it's own or with other BCM's...

Good luck..

Is the BCM sending the call as a private numbering plan? If so, try turning of MCDN in the BCM.

SL1 won't work unless it is 25.40 or higher. if you try, with either a DCHI or MSDL on lower software you will get BC errors. Works straight away if you have the right software level. I had to use a Mini instead.. Nortel told me it would work and it didn't so they are footing the bill for the upgrade as they stated it on an email!

don't beleive a word Nortel say, it doesn't work prior to 25.40, I to have a Nortel document which states it works down to 22 xx,,,,, it doesn't........ MSDL / DCHI.

Try to make a new route to the BCM, use international (Insted of private network)
ex.

Services
Telepony Services
Call Routing
Routes
Routes 000
Routes 002 ---> DN Type = International (This route is to the M1 system)

Look also to

General setings
Dailing plan
Private netvork ----> Type= CDP

Geir

Yes, tried all that. it is an issue with the s/w. Like I said Nortel are upgrading for free (61c 22.46 - rl3) as they made a mistake... well for sl1 anyway needs 25.40 or later..

have it working in a rls 21 opt 61. but you seem to have checked everything in the software. if it was a layer one you would get release red alarm. are your routes vod or vce. try swapping them. mine are in as two way did, vce. with matching pni numbers. nortel was much sharper before the layoff. tie should work, but then i should be rich...

Nortel gave us an upgrade for free anyway... I wonder if all you guys got it working in the US using T1 1.5Mb? I am in UK and using EI 2Mb..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back