Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM rec # length

Status
Not open for further replies.

brison

Vendor
Apr 2, 2007
US
How do I change the received # length from 3 to 4? Right now says I have to enter 1-3 digits. DID is 0997 and it won't accept 997.

It depends if the received digit length is public or private.

My guess is that you need to log in via the Element Manager tool and navigate to the Telephony folder. Then look for the Dialing Plan folder. Look for the public and private tabs. in there are the individual received number length and you will need to just increase it to "4".

Check all your target lines to amend the values.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

If you change it you still have a conflict.

9 is probably already in use such as to dial out via External code 9, Pool code 9 or Destination code 9.
0 is in use to dial the main set (Direct Dial).

You could ask the carrier to send 10 digits then just find the digit you can use and then change the received digits to that.
It is of for carrier to send more than what you program.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

OK - that helps me. I have changed the Received number length to 7 under dialing plan. I've entered the phone number under target line 361 and added set 225 as control, prime and as assigned dn. What I do not see is how to "connect" the target line to my PRI (lines 017-039). PRI is working for outbound calls - need to test inbound.

You assign "lines to sets", not "lines to lines".
Once you have programmed the Received Digits for each DID/Target then go into Sets/LineAccess/Line Assignment and assign the line number (Target line).

Best to assign as Ring Only and assign 2 Intercom keys.

"Received number length to 7 under dialing plan"
Did you first verify that the carrier is sending 7 or more digits to you?

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

OK - all is working properly. Thanks for help.

In the interest of best practice, is there a problem with having the same dn entered for prime and assigned dn?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back