Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbowles

Vendor
Jun 17, 2005
US
I have been patching many 3.6 BCMs and since this process is so repetative I think it should be automated. Does anyone have a tool or a script that they use to patch the BCMs so that I don't have to continue to do the 15+ patches that are required manually?

Trying to work smarter not harder. ;-)

just use a bcm 3.7... there are currently only 4 or 5 patches available... doesn't take that long ;-)

3.7 is barely 4 months old and it already has 4 or 5 patches? :-(

let me have a look...... right! there are currently 5 patches available.. :)

NCM will let you automate patches, but it's not cheap, and is designed for one organization with multiple BCM's, not a vendor working on multiple customers.

Just think about this. Every service company can hire a couple of techs for just patching the BCM's at their sites. It could be a specialized trade!!!!!!!!!!!

There are only 2 seasons in Canada, Golf and Snowmobile season.

All right already, enough of the wise guy remarks. Honestly, I do charge by the hour, but would like to be able to charge more than once for the same 4 hours.

Thank you biv343 for the honest response. Just trying to be a bit more productive.

If the BCM's continue to require the constant spoon feeding and continued attention (like an accident victim on a life support machine) then I wouldn't worry about not having anything to keep you 'more productive'.

There are only 2 seasons in Canada, Golf and Snowmobile season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back