Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Password Issue. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

vp102

MIS
Mar 18, 2005
AU
I can telnet into the BCM from the network using ee_admin, PlsChgMe!. However the passwords fail in Unified manager. We have installed a new Windows 2003 server as a domain controler. I was using unified manager to try to change the BCM network name and DNS settings so it would authorize on the 2003 box. After the BCM was rebooted it would not accept my password. I would be very greatful of any help. I have also managed to start the VNC service via the telnet interface but I do not know the VNC password. Can someone please advise me what the password is.

Also as a matter of interest, on the 2003 domain controllers I am getting the following event.

The session setup from the computer MICHAELPUNCH failed to authenticate. The name(s) of the account(s) referenced in the security database is MICHAELPUNCH$. The following error occurred:
Access is denied.

MICHAELPUNCH is the name of the BCM.

Thanks in advance.

I had a similar problem when trying to join a W2K3 domain. I gave up and left the BCM in it's own workgroup.

As for VNC, there is a post on this forum that explains what you need to do (you need to first reset VNC password)

What have you give the BCM as its netbios name?
How have you setup the DHCP server on the BCM?

Thanks for the replies so far. Since I attempted to join the BCM to the W2k3 domain I have been unable to login to the Unified Manager or even access the BCM using \\michaelpunch\c$. I get an error which says that "The Trust relationship between this workstation and the primary domain failed". Because of this I can't change the VNC password. Does anyone know the Defaul VNC password for BCM 3.5??

MRMarshall, MICHAELPUNCH is the netbios name and it is configured using static IP addressing.

VP102.

CORRECTION TO ABOVE.. We are using BCM 3.6.

I managed to get this sorted. I simple re-created the computer account in the active directory and re-set the password. Reboot the BCM and all was fine.

Thanks for all responses.

Vp102

I am having the exact same problem trying to have a 3.6 BCM join a 2003 server domain. Once physically connected to the domain, none of the user names/passwords will allow you to log in on either lan. If unplugged, you can re-access programming through unified manager using the same passwords. Yet, when connected the passwords do work using the serial port, even while denied by the unified manager interface. Can someone specify whether this is a patch fix or whether it has to do with certain settings that either have to be made or deleted. DNS? Next Hop? Published IP? This effort is being made as we are having trouble getting Personal Call Manager to work on XP Professional Service Pack 2) working behind a 2003 Server.
Would appreciate any help or direction from others that have crossed this bridge. Thanks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back