Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Operator

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWeen

Technical User
Jun 1, 2006
CA
We have the BCM 400. We have the operator settings turned off. Unfortunately when you press 0 now, when you dial in, you get the "the operator is not available" message. Does anyone know how to change what this message says or get rid of it all together. As in the customer would press 0 and nothing would happen.

Thank you

MrWeen

Try F982 (password is in the setup manual) and tell Operator is available.

Then go into F983/Table and tell Attdnt ext # is 000

Test and let us know.

That will probaly say that extention is not avaliable.
You can not turn of the canned greeting.

So you want the customer to be able to call in and get the AA, but if they dial 0 you eant them to get nothing. not very good customer service.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

make 0 the repeat key for the Auto Attendant so it just plays the options over

CurlyCord: Tried your method and the message still appears when you press 0.

BringbackVNC: How do I get to the "repeat key" option? In the BCM or Call Pilot Manager?

Thank you very much for your help.

Acewarlock: Thank you for insulting they way we do business and providing no help to rectify the situation. We don't want people pressing 0 to talk to someone because that defeats the purpose of an AA. All people will do is not listen to the options and press 0 so they can talk to someone right away. We don't want the recording to say "the operator is not available" because people then think that an operator might be available some other time. I'm glad you take the time out of your busy schedule to leave irrelevent messages on forums. We need more people like you in this world.

And your analogy doesn't even have any similarities to our situation. Get yourself a dictionary.

Acewarlock was trying to tell you that customers don't like not being able to dial 0. If this is a sales line, you WILL lose business by doing this. He is just trying to pass his years of telephony knowledge to you. I agree with him completely. I strongly discourage any of my customers from doing this. Its not good business. We hear it all the time.

If you look at the MVP list, I'm number 3. I've dealt with companys that have an AA but doesn't have what I want listed so I press 0 to get a Human. if it worked like you want it , I would call someone else.

The analogy is my Signature that is on every Reply

Sorry you got your panties in a wad over my post, but if you read your own post, that is what you asked for and I was asking if thats what you really wanted.

Ask better question and get better answers.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back