Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM OLI Length

Status
Not open for further replies.

TelSpt

IS-IT--Management
Oct 20, 2008
US
I have multiple BCM's that I manage. Most of them have the Public OLI at 10 Digits 702xxx1234, but several of them will not allow me to enter anymore than 4 digits. How do I change the Public OLI Length.

In your Dialing Plan, under Public Number, is your Public Network Dialing Plan set to National?

In the Public Network DN lengths section, what is your default set to?

Where are you located?

Default always allows 10-digit Public DN length (OLI). Something is changed. Are you sure your not confusing Private with Public?

Adversity is Opportunity

Public Dialing plan is National
Public Recd 4
Default DN Length 7
Private Recd 4
Network Type CDP
Private DN 4
I am not confusing private with public
These switches are distributed worlwide from California to China.

The public oli matches the public receive lenght.
The switches that you are looking at ,is the public receive lenght 10 digts or 4 on the switch you are having the problem with .

The reason i am asking is you stated MOST of them are 10 digits.
If it is 4 then thats your issue right there.
Change the digit lenght to 10 and you will have to re-edit your target lines to suit

I have sites that I have a Public Received as 4 digits and I can still enter an OLI that is 10 digits.
I just tested this on a BCM50 Rl3 and I am able to put in 10 digits for OLI.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS

Tried it via a telset on a rel2.
Set the public receive to 4 and tried to input the digits and it would not take any more than 4.

I was just at a REL1 system and tried with my Laptop to input more than 4 digits in the OLI and the message came back
"ERROR the lenght of the string should be equal or less than 4".

It did let you enter the 10 digits but as soon as you press enter the error message came back with the warning.

I thought about the Public Recd also, but On my switches that enable 10 digit OLI, the Public Recd numebr length is set to 4.

All of my systems have allowed the 10 digit OLI with 4 digit pub received. I am interested as to why there is a difference.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS

You have that difference because the public OLI, i'm speaking for EMEA, have 10 digits, you have to change the OLI when you have a DID feature active from your carrier.
So, for example, my number is 022441xxxx where 022441 is the fixed part of the number, the rest is for the DID selection.
The system have a parameter in the Telephony -> Dialing Plan -> Public Network called PUBLIC NETWORK CODE, in there you have to fit the fixed part of the number (in my example 022441), doing so the system compose the OLI number in this way [PUBLIC NETWORK CODE] + [PUBLIC OLI NUMBER] (the value you have setted in the specific DN.
In this way you don't need to set the public received number lenght to 10 (or other values), just configure properly the parameter on your BCM.
Hope this will be useful.

Bye ^^

I agree with DigitalD, public received is 4, these are the digits that the BCM uses to route to the target line. Public OLI is not related and should send 10. It works on all of my systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back