Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM not sending a Connect Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tigerrco

Programmer
Jun 4, 2003
US
The carrier I work with is asking what can cause the Nortel BCM to not send a Q.931 connect message when station phone answers the call?

My client has a PRI and once or twice per Hour(from different phone #s), the call is answered normally by receptionist & she cannot hear calling party but calling party can hear her. Calling party calls back & may hit the same channel or line & there is no problem.

Please advise what may be causing this sporadic problem.

... probably a 'minor' protocol mismatch
... try jumping the circuit/ both at bcm and at CO
can u recreate the problem ...meaning if phone# A calls does the problem happen always / is it specific to a channel

Post your version numbers on your BCM.
You should be upgraded to at least 3.5 and install ALL of the 16 patches for 3.5.
If you currently do not use Call Center reporting I would strongly suggest you upgrade to BCM 3.6

The problem occurs no matter what # makes the call, it's across the board. It also occurs if you call an Auto Attendant Line; Call Pilot doesn't recognize your selection or # for company directory. Problem generally occurs on the 2nd call into the company's main # at any one time. If I test after hours with no traffic, first call fine & 2nd call to Auto Attendant: problem.

Problem began after there were a few power losses to BCM - no dedicated UPS/Battery Backup.

More Details: 2nd call into switch is where problem occurs so first the carrier disconnected their Channel 2 & then I Deprovisioned the 2nd channel of my PRI programming for BCM. Problem coninued & just went to Channel 3. Any other ideas out there of cause of this?

Are you and the CO set differently on Ascending and Descending order on the PRI? Check the PRI type NIII against the CO.
Good Luck
NARSBARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back