Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

bcm not responding on LAN1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsheikh

MIS
Aug 8, 2006
US
Hi There,
my system was running on LAN2,
i changed the Pvt ip addr of LAN2 192.168.0.20 to 192.168.1.20

and after that it when we reboot it didnt show the new ip address we have assigned , still showing the old one plus bid thing is it is mnot even working on that ip.. means the the phones .
when we pind from command line no response. but if we ping from with bcm it is showing TTL 128.
please help me urgent as all of my office phones are down and i can not accept calls.

when we pick the phone we got message " No Free Line "

REgards
Bilal

And you have checked the dhcp server set-up on the bcm50 and restarted all the phones so they pick up a new ip address?

Now its not giving me any access to any of its interfaces

As stated by Acewarlock, did you change the Next Hop IP to your LAN1 gateway address?. i.e. 192.168.1.1 etc. That should allow you to connect to the BCM system.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Useful Nortel forum at
If it's working, then leave it alone!.

If you didn't change the Next hop IP address. login though the serial port and make the change in CONFIGURATION MENU item Q.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back