Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Never Full Feature?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmow

IS-IT--Management
Aug 26, 2010
US
Hi All,

We have have a BCM50 running 2.02.05E
From the documentation the system states the following: [qoute]Mailboxes have a Never Full mailbox feature that lets external callers leave a message in a full mailbox. The message is stored in the mailbox, but cannot be accessed until a saved message is deleted.[/quote]

I find this not to be true, I have looked for this feature but cannot find it, Could one of you Gurus please point me in the right direction on where to enable this feature.

Kind Regards

It is not a feature as such. All mailboxes have this capability by default.

If a MB has 15 min of space and 20 min of messages 5 cant be herd untill the user deletes old messages plus the MB full only works on external callers not internal they will get MB full when calling.

@cook1082

When I call the line from my cell phone I still get the mailbox is full.

So I am confused, either something is corrupt on the system or all 100hours or recording time is used up which is hard to believe since I purged all 26 mailboxes at the end of business today.

Your thoughts sir?

I havent seen any 6.0 programming but I would tend to think that you would have to set it in the Class of Service for the mailbox

CTCINY could be correct check the COS in mailbox admin. Look at the cos assigned to the mailboxes.

Ive set all msgs down to 2 mins from 5mins and retention to 10 days instead of 30 days.

I think since we have the fax server and get over 1000 faxes a day thats eating up all my space, the book said something about every 4 faxes = 1min of time and no one seems to delete their faxes, so that maybe the problem.

I was gonig to say check the GD mailbox too, because I did not think there was a setting for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back