Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM multi image harddrive

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkey101

MIS
Apr 24, 2009
CA
Hey All

I am down to my last bcm multi image hard drive. I still have about 60 bcm to look after and wanted to clone a few copies of the hard drive as they are getting harder to get.

I tried and it didn't work. Anyone have any luck doing it and was there anything special you had to do?

You should provide a little more detail.

Trying to make an image or trying restore the copy to a new drive?

Tried with what software? or is it a Hard Drive Duplicator?
What method?
What error are you getting?

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

We determined through trial and error that most BCMs will not run off a modern SSD or spinners that are too large. We've purchased 320GB 7,200rpm hard drives online and those work in all instances we've had to use them. We use a duplication dock, toss in our master and one of these spinners and hit "go"

- Qz

You try a good quality 64gb CF card + 2.5" adapter + 3.5" adapter.

I was able to finally copy it using easeus but found if I went to a 2.5 320 GB it would work but I found a old 160 gb HDD and worked no problems. I have a few kicking aaround so I will be in good shape now. Thanks for the input

Thanks for the update.

" I went to a 2.5 320 GB it would work "
I gather you meant it would not work?

I use both the Hard Drive Duplicator Dock or Acronis as it is good to have a backup, pun intended.

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back