Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Monitor: Line Monitor 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RasFada

Technical User
Jan 18, 2005
US
My office uses a BCM400 R3.6 and I am under the Line Monitor tab in the BCM Monitor. Under the "User" column, I can see incoming and outgoing calls and their originating or destination DNs. Why are there some that show just the line number, for example: L112 - ?

All other fields are populated under the different column headings in both direction, but for some reason I get a "?" in the User column next to the line number.

I am concerned about unauthorized access to our system and would like some help to identify the origin or destination of the calls that have the question mark next to the line number.

Thanks much,

Ras Fada

Bryan Nunez
Telecom Tech/Contractor

Looks like caller-id is not identifying that particular caller. I get the same on on incoming calls.
Thanks

Usually when you see Line # and ?, that is a call that came in and was transfered out on another line.

On one of my systems it shows
incoming L93-? Number/name ?-?
outgoing L61-? 6021234567

What this means is a call came in on line 61 and and there wasn't any caller ID, then was transfered out on line 93 to 6021234567

Thank you, Ace. I went ahead and saved a static snapshot to better explain what I am talking about. Below are examples of Incoming and Outgoing calls without proper User information.

[Line Monitor]

[Statistics]
[Active Lines] "14"
[Line Monitor]

[Line: 61 - Line061 Direction: Incoming Start Time: 06/01/06 15:17:28 User: L102 - ? State: Connected Duration: 00:00:17 Number and Name: 7732649892 - ?]

[Line: 102 - Line102 Direction: Outgoing Start Time: 06/01/06 15:17:28 User: L61 - ? State: Connected Duration: 00:00:17 Number and Name: 16122532897 - ?]

I made and transfered a call to another Line/DN to see what the BCM Monitor showed, but didn't get the same results as I described earlier.
Are you able to interpret the information I copied/pasted above?

Thanks much in advance!

Call came in on Line 61 at 15:17:28 from 7732649892 and was transfered to Line 102 at 15:17:28 calling 16122532897.

This looks like a user has there phone forwarded to 16122532897. Do these phones have DID?

Yes, that is correct. All extensions have DID assigned. This actually makes all the sense in the world now. Thank you very much, Ace. That put my fears about unauthorized access to our system to rest.

Thanks again!

Bryan Nunez
Telecom Tech/Contractor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back