Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM meets 1140E 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cndr99

Programmer
Jun 5, 2016
CA
Hey -

New toy for the plant has arrived and is up and running on the BCM 3.7: a gently used 1140E. (along with the T7316s, T7406s, M7100s, M7310s, NORSTAR and various analog cludge...connected to this phone museum)

I've read all the old threads and just have a three-word question:

Blue Light Hack?

Bonus points: vxshell challenge answer, now that is a dead link?

What are you trying to do or say?

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Turn on the blue light - surely there is some code to send to the phone to turn it on?

Access to vxshell when SSH'ing into the phone... it asks for an answer to a challenge, but the website listed is a dead link

There is a control message to turn on/off the blue LED. Nevertheless, the controlling software on your BCM would have to send the message for the phone to accept it.

As far as I know, no BCM software ever implemented control of the blue LED. Due to that, I am afraid there is no way to "convince" any BCM to send the appropriate message.

Interestingly enough, the emetrotel system turns on the blue light if you are monitoring a different mailbox.....like the General Delivey, or any other mailbox. I know it doesn't help on this thread. Just an interesting tidbit.

Good question - It would be very useful for a lot of different things - I guess i was trying to see how it communicated and then go from there... First thing that come to mind is lighting up when on a call, or as an alarm for different functions ...

I remember at my old job we were upgraded from an old key system (Nitsuko/TIE) to 1120E's. The red light behaved as a missed call and voicemail indicator. However, the blue light would light when on an active call--lights when the called party answers. Could a CS1000 control the blue light in this manner?

Sorry for the off-topic, just wondering.

Thanks.

As long as its not the ...

....PHONE COPS LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back