Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Licenses 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeeMan

IS-IT--Management
Jan 30, 2004
US
We have a number of legacy BCM400s and BCM450s. (Actually a couple of MICS units too!).

I'm hearing it's getting harder and harder to find licenses for these things. Is this something everyone is seeing? Should I start freakin'? Last I checked, there didn't seem to be any issue finding parts. Any thoughts on that? We also have a couple of Option 11s that are out of VM licenses. I'm being told I can't buy any new VM licenses because the VM unit is not up-to-date and I can't update the VM unit because the Option switch is not up-to-date.

Thoughts? Comments? Jokes?

Well with the BCM 400/450s and Option 11C, you can upgrade to the E-MetroTel UCx solution and all of your parts and new parts will be fully supported. This supports all Nortel Digital and IP Telephones, both new and legacy.

I also use a company in Itasca, IL named Teletech Communications that rebuilds old Nortel parts and refurbish newer parts and they LOVE the Nortel product line.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

Why do you always see two nuns together and never one?

Seriously you should always keeps your systems up to date with patches and software releases.

Welcome back btw.

So one nun makes sure the other nun don't get nun.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

As the last two comments have stated, there is really no need to worry as there are ways to overcome your problems.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel and Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer

Very advance high level knowledge on the Linux BCM phone system.

Website

Well with the BCM 400/450s and Option 11C, you can upgrade to the E-MetroTel UCx solution

I'm so tired of people jumping into threads in this forum promoting another system as the solution to a problem.

Marv ccna
telemarvlogosmall.gif

Sales, Installation & Service for Norstar, BCM, Samsung & Allworx Serving Ottawa and Eastern Ontario since 1990

I am sick and tired of people thinking they have no route with Nortel, thus throwing their perfectly good and well engineered equipment into the landfills taking up space, because they simply don't think it's supported anymore. All I am saying is people have options as far as licenses and keycodes go.

Joseph Sus Jr. Nortel Emetrotel Consultant

Thanks for everyone's responses. Very helpful and good to know. On another note, can one post jobs here?

No, these forums are for technical assistance and not sales or jobs etc.

You may post jobs here in the sister forum:

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

To avoid any war, here is my opinion and hopefully the end as you are both right in a way.
There are some of us whom modify, generate key codes,support and repair BCM's such as myself as well people who still have original authorization codes so we all have the same goal here.

We should only try to help or resolve the issue at hand and nothing more.
If the original poster asks for suggestions (such as done in the general Forum often) then that of course is different.