Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM LEAST COST ROUTING

Status
Not open for further replies.

harps08

IS-IT--Management
Jan 31, 2008
CA
I have a customer with 2 bcm's in separate cities. They currently have ip trunks in place between the two systems.

They would like to know if it is possible to setup least cost routing in the BCM's where system A would automatically use a pstn trunk from system B or vice versa.

I have setup remote access in the past where the user would dial an access code like 59# seize a trunk in the other system and then make the call. However, this customer is looking for something seamless where there staff would simply dial 91-555-555-5555 and the call is automatically routed.

Is this possible on a BCM or only on CS1K?

you can setup the routing, but you may have to set up the destination code a little further alone

so instead of 91 going to the proper route for other system
you will need to set up 91555 for example

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

I usually setup network bcm's this way; 9+1+LD area code thru PRI and 9+LD area code thru VoIP trunks.It's not like an ARS or LCR but customer have the choice to use either one.

Thank you for your response(s). I will test further in our lab and see what I can come up with.

How did you get the systems to grab each others local trunks? I have the VoIP trunks working between two sites, but for the life of me i can not get site a to use site b's local dial tone. I have the remote package set up on the VoIP trunk, but for some reason, i am not having any luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back