Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Keycodes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

VT33

Programmer
May 8, 2006
US
Have BCM 1000 3.0 w/multiple keycodes for ip licenses and many CallPilot applications. Want to upgrade to BCM 400 3.7 or 4.0, but do not have original authorization codes. Is there any way to regenerate keycodes for new 400?

Only Nortel or its authorized reseller can regen and move key from one system to another .

Why not just upgrade the 1000, I have 6 that I have upgraded to 3.6 and we just installed Call Center Basis and Reporting on 1 of them. I don't see any difference between my 1000's and my 400's.

BCM RUMORS???
Has anyone heard anything about Nortel dropping/not going fwd. with the BCM product line?I've heard this from a couple different people in the industry....

That rumor has floated around for the past three years or so. Haven't seen any evidence of it to date.

Nortel is esp giving a push to SMB market ... i dont think they'll let the BCM go anytime soon.
With the time and effort spent on the new Corporate Linux its very unlikely - maybe they meant the NT based bcm will be dropped

I heard the rumour that the 200 will go away as the 50 will be able to fill the gap.

NARSBARS

I heard that they are supposed to come out with a bcm 300 and a bcm 600, anyone else hear this?

That's floated around for a while as well. Supposed to grow up to 300 or so ports. I'm not quite sure how they will pull that off with the legacy Norstar architecture in the BCM.

The 200 could almost definitely go away now that the 50 is out. Only advantage the 200 has over a 50 is a greater IP set capacity as a 50 can grow bigger on the TDM side than a 200 can.

I also heard from a fairly reliable source within Nortel that they are looking at dropping the BCM product line - that would be the 200 and 400. They are considering at the moment whether they will be introducing the 300 & 600, or re-designing an entirely new product and re-naming their SMB product line. The BCM platform is now over almost 7 years old. The only major change really is the change from NT to Linux, but the hardware is pretty much the same.

What I hear is that for Nortel to grow and compete successfully against Mitel, Cisco, and Avaya in the SMB market moving forward they need an architecture that can reliably grow to the 300 - 400 port range. Apparently the writing is now on the wall for the 200 and 400 - there should be an announcement in March 2007. The 50 still seems safe though - phew !

What ever happened to the original poster VT33, did we answer his question?

Wouldn't that be encroaching on the Opt11/CS1000S?
Doesn't make sense!

VT33, If you know the Sys ID of the system you can go onto Nortel's website and regenerate the keycodes that way. You can also retrieve the keycodes. The only time that you have to regenerate them is when you are replacing the actual box.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back