Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Bus settings! 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bcpaul

Programmer
Jul 22, 2004
US
I have 6 modules on a BCM, Heres the break up.
DTM BUS 7
DTM BUS 6
GATM BUS 5
DSM32+ BUS 4
DSM32+ BUS 3
ASI BUS 2

Does anyone know if this is a safe config or will the DS 32s or DTMs be a problem?

Thanks for any comments

Bcpaul

I can send you the result of the BCM ressource calculator by Email.

But with the information you have send, it seems to be a good config conditionnal to use 2/6 Split. If you use the 3/5 Split, you will missing a DS30 Loops ressource.

Let me know!!!

Good luck!

I assume that you meant ASM8 for bus 2? The only thing I would do differently would be to put the DSM32+ cards on 2 and 3, and the ASM8 on 4. This would give you a digital set on port 201 for the operator/alarm set, etc.

thanks rapetou,
my email is chris_paul2002#yahoo.com.

and Jim i am told that DSM 32+ takes only one bus so i may still be fine also ASI is ASM8 yeah

Bcpaul

how do you verify if the bus is set for double density?

Configuring the BCM for Full Double Density

1. Click the keys beside BCM and Diagnostics.
2. Click on MSC.
3. On the top menu, click Configuration and select Double Density Mode.
4. When the dialog box comes up , click the drop down menu and choose Full Double Density.

MRoberts

BCM 3.0+ default to DD on buses 2 through 5
Buses 6 and 7 are PDD in order to support Companion Base Stations.
They can also be changed to DD in the MSC menu.

Yep, it does default to Partial Double Density to allow you to install and program Companion sets. If you don't have any, then you can set the system as a whole to Full Double Density. Once that's done though you cannot install Companion sets.

I wonder if the new Wireless Control Module that is supposed to be coming out with ICS 7.0 will be available in some way to the BCM. That would certainly be a better option than the Companions.

MRoberts

Melissa the Spectralink NetLink product uses Spectralink certified WiFi Access Points to connect their WIFI phones to the BCM.
The phones are recognized as i2004's by the BCM.
IP Client licensing applies.

Available from

Yeah and eats up my virtual resources and the IP telephony client costs $$$.
I was hopeing they would do something like the FEM to be able to install the ICS WCM directly so that it will only consume physical DS30 resources and no extra keycodes required.

I'm sure they will get around to it.

MRoberts

I'm not sure but perhaps the older Link product from Spectralink will allow you to connect to standard TDM station ports on BCM as it would on a Norstar.
Haven't tested this you could check with Spectralink to see if it is supported.

Thank You everyone,

It worked the way i set it up.
ON DD tho for DSM 32+.

Regards,

Paul

If you change from PDD to FDD do you you lose all of your programming?

What exactly is the difference between full and partial double density?

Double density allows a multiplexing of the available 16 lines or paths per bus. This allows you to essentially double your system telephone capacity. The DSM 16+, DSM 32+ and ASM 8 modules can be assigned using the DIP switches for DS30 buses that are double density.

On a PDD system, DS30 buses 2, 3, 4, and 5 are available for double density while DS30 6 & 7 stay single density as required for the Companion application. For systems not using Companion, use the Unified Manager to change all 6 DS30 buses to Full Double Density (FDD). Systems configured FDD do not allow Companion phones.

Configuring the BCM for Full Double Density

1. Click the keys beside BCM and Diagnostics.
2. Click on MSC.
3. On the top menu, click Configuration and select Double Density Mode.
4. When the dialog box comes up , click the drop down menu and choose Full Double Density.

MRoberts

But, does anybody know If you change from PDD to FDD do you you lose all of your programming?

From the BCM documentation:

PDD-FDD equals no programming loss
FDD-PDD equals wipe the system and start over

Same for 6/2 and 3/5 DS-30 splits. 6/2 to 3/5 split is OK, 3/5 to 6/2 means wipe and reprogram

Security note: You cannot regress from a Full Double Density (FDD) system to a
Partial Double Density (PDD) system. Ensure that MSC configuration is only available to
high-level supervisory personnel (“Managing system and user security access levels” on
page 117).

Thank You biv.
Guess I should have read the documentation.
I appreciate your time and effort to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back