Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM Backup issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

joezzz

Technical User
Feb 9, 2007
DM
Hello all, I have a situation where I've scheduled backups to an FTP server on the same lan ,All went through ok on the backup setup on BRU ,however when the backup is completed the telepjony.key and telephony.bru is missing.Tried it over and over but no telephony appears in backup folder. Is there something I'm missing or is something wrong.This occurs on all the BCM's on the same lan which I've tried the FTP backup.

(BCM 400 Running 3.6 fully patched 192.168.1.9)
(BCM 200 Running 3.6 Fully patched 192.168.1.10)
(BCM 200 Running 3.6 Fully patched 192.168.1.8)
FTP server 192.168.1.28 functional

Please Help

Joezzz

Do the backups complete successfully if you back them up to your laptop?

Also create a shared folder and schedule a backup to it instead of using the FTP Server. I tend to use this method and always copy any backups into another folder dated when it was done because the NT4 3.x versions would overwrite in the same folder where as the 4.x Linux versions always create a new file name each time.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back