Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM & MS Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

ExtraPepper

Technical User
Sep 21, 2005
CA
If you have customers that are heavy users of MS Outlook, there is a pretty cool plug-in that I found called CRM Integrator and it does way more than Personal Productivity Suite. The amazing part is that it only needs one LAN CTE license for the whole office to use it. Check it out below and let me know if I'm on to something special or have I just had my head buried in the sand. IF anybody knows of something better, please let me know.

RAJ Brown

Looks Good
Nice to see new things out there.

THE BCM personal Call Manger that comes with the BCM can do most of these things but is not connected to outlook.

You can set outlook to use your lan cte seat and dial out with the built in contact list and use PCM to pop up when calls come in and keeps a call log (in/out log of calls)

BT now do DIAL by Name. This uses a central database to store 33000 numbers and you scroll through it on your desk phone.
You can select Mobile,home,business number by dialing the name and select option to call.

I looked into Dial By Name but given that the customer uses a PC and MS Outlook at every desk, this seemed to be easier for the customer. It also does this cool message on phones somehow. They click on some drop down and select something like "In a Meeting" and then it somehow shows that message to other extensions calling that person.

RAJ Brown

The DIAL by Name is loaded on "1 pc only" which interacts with the bcm.it serves the data base to the phones

Then end users then dial a feature code on there phone to access the database a bit like speed dial but better.
Its very simple to use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back