Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

uniquename4me

Technical User
Oct 31, 2013
CA
I'm changing out a hard drive on a BCM 50 that was upgraded to a 6.0. I remember seeing something of a warning on another system where it said that some patch or something hadn't been applied and that it would revert back to an earlier version. Where do I look to confirm on this system that it's not subject to the same problem?

Is that a patch or something resident on the 6.0 upgrade disks?

Thanks.

After upgrading to Rls 6, the Rls 6 image should have been installed as well. This is so in case you had to do a level 2 reset it would default the system to Rls 6. If the image wasn't installed and you performed a level 2 reset the system would default to the version before the upgrade.

You can double check this by checking the "installed updates" section within element manager.

If I put in a new 6.0 hard drive is there any problem or would it revert back or is it only through a level 2 reset? I need to replace a failing drive as it takes forever for a backup and it has frozen call Center processing on a couple of occasions.

Are you replacing it with a multi-image hard drive? You would obviously be selecting bcm50 rls 6. You should be fine. You'll probably need to patch it when you're done.

No, replacing it with a 6.0 drive. Not multi-image. Does it still need some patches perhaps?

what is the source of this disk? original Avaya/Nortel programmed bcm50R6 disk? they were available to order long time ago. if yes then the factory image is already installed by factory...

BCM 50 V6.0. If you replace the hard drive using the default Avaya Acronis *.tib images, then a reset via SSH should leave it at 6.0 again.

If the BCM 50 was upgraded to 6.0 from an earlier release, then a reset via SSH might take it back to 1.0. However, Avaya released a patch called BCM50R6_FactoryImageUpgrade-1.02-0 that can be applied and this will keep the BCM at 6.0 is a reset is done.

Remember that you can't do a level 2 reset via the front panel anymore!.
Check in the patches history if BCM50R6_FactoryImageUpgrade-1.02-0 has already been installed. The file size for all of it is 1 1/2 gigs!. Also the BCM 50 won't reboot once it has been applied.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

also using the multi image disk keeps your system to 6.0 as factory image is applied during the initial setup.
nikos

I'm certain that the Avaya 6 part *.tib Acronis images will also keep the BCM to the same release after a software reset is applied.

Firebird Scrambler
Nortel Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK
Advance knowledge on BCM support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back