Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 6.0 to IP Office 7.0 - IP phone compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 11, 2009
US
We are on BCM450 6.0 system and purchasing the 1230 IP deskphones.
We are running the latest SU update and on UNIStim 5.1 release (firmware: 062AC8D). This is working fine. My issue is as I explore a possible future migration to IP OFFICE at some point, I want to make sure the IP phones I'm purchasing today will work tomorrow under IP office. I recently came across an Avaya document - IP Office 7.0 - 1100/1200 Installation (May 22, 2011) that talks about the hardware requirements and references the 1230 (Revision 3 or higher). As I look at the labelling on the back of our current 1230 phones, it appears we are on hardware release 02. This isn't good and I can't continue purchasing phones that won't be supported in the future. Can someone please clarify or confirm this. The last batch of 1230 phones I purchased are part number: NTYS20BC70E6. Is there another part number I should be ordering to ensure it's hardware release 3 or higher and compatible with IP office down the road.

Please advise... thanks!
VOJ

So we are simply switching the phones over from UNIStim 5.1 (or some other more current release) to SIP 4.1 firmware (or what is ever more current).

Awesome! that's what I needed to know.
VOJ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back