Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

clintf

IS-IT--Management
Feb 1, 2008
CA
i have 6 BCM 50s all networked with 4 digit dialing between locations everything works great the only problem i am having is the calls get disconected at exactly 14:59 the call quailty is always good just every 14:59 the call is just dropped.

i did a feature 77 after the calls were dropping and found the time the same each time is there any timeout settings in the bcm that would cause this ? or do you think its something on the network side ?

Are they IP sets? It could be the network causing a loss of heartbeat. I think I'd view BCMMON, UIP trace at that time to see what type of disconnect is occurring.

not IP phones, just the standard 8 button set, it has to be a timeout on the network side i m sure.

Do as r307 said to do or your just guessing. Post one of the disconnect's.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Can ayone give me some more detail on how to use UIP trace not sure how to do this ?

Open BCM Monitor and look at the tabs on top. One will be UIP, just click and watch.

Adversity is Opportunity

I ended up using wireshark and found the problem to be on my sonicwall firewall devices. when the connection started it opened a TCP port with the other BCM then handed it off to UDP and in my default firewall settings i had TCP timeouts set to 15 minutes, i just setup a special rule from BCM ip address to BCM ip address to keep the TCP timeouts to 420 minutes and all is now fine. thanks for all the help.

Thanks for sharing the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back