Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

BCM 50 Wiring Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

socalmics

Programmer
Jan 25, 2010
US
I have a brand BCM 50 up and running. I can program it through BEM but the T7316e's won't connect to the digital extension ports and the analog ext ports are dead too. I'm connecting directly to the amphenol on the BCM as the documention indicates.

Any thoughts?

KSU Digital Stations are:
Port 401 Pr 25
Port 402 Pr 24
Port 412 Pr 14

KSU Analog Stations are:
Port 413 Pr 5
Port 414 Pr 6
Port 415 Pr 7
Port 415 Pr 8

KSU Analog CO Lines are:
Line 061 Pr 1
Line 062 Pr 2
Line 063 Pr 3
Line 064 Pr 4

--DB

If you are using Amphenol Lines starts from left then Analog Stations and Then from the Right side it starts Digital Stations. You Can also Check BEM if the Sets are Active.

Did you put your keycodes in?
By default no ports are working until you put your keycode licenses in.

I think gberger is correct that the keycodes aren't entered. The quick install guide has the exact pair layout so I don't think physical wiring is a problem. I guess the ones I installd in the past already had the keycodes entered.

Thanks again all!

One thing the digital phones will come up even if there are no digital set codes in the BCM, it will give you the time and date but if you press a button it will give you, keycode required.

I agree with cook1082: the phones will still boot up even if there's no keycode entered.
It looks like a physical problem to me. I'd try a reboot and try replacing the amphenol cable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back